At Physio Interactive, we offer treatment for a wide range of sports injuries and musculoskeletal problems…
- Neck and back pain (acute or on-going)
- Soft tissue injuries (muscle/ligament)
- Joint-pain/arthritic pain
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Work related injuries
Following an initial assessment treatment may include:
- Joint mobilisation/manipulation
- Soft tissue techniques/massage
- Electrotherapy (ultrasound, interferential, laser)
- Advice on injury prevention and self-management
- Ergonomic advice
What to expect:
On your first visit a detailed examination will be carried out. The physiotherapist will ask you questions about your condition and your past medical history, before examining the relevant joints, muscles and ligaments. Your physiotherapist will then discuss the examination findings with you and agree a treatment plan. This will include advice and self-management techniques.
Hydrotherapy is a great way to get your body moving without the stress on your body’s joints.
To partcipate you must be assessed in the clinic first so your problem can be discussed and your medical history checked.
- Reduce muscle spasm and pain
- Increases flexibility and range of movement
- Improves balance reactions
- Improves walking ability
- Increases cardio-vascular function
- Reduces disc and joint compression
- Reduces sympathetic nervous system activity
- Increases relaxation/reduces anxiety
- Improves sense of well-being
Hydrotherapy can help you with the following problems:
- Hip and knee surgery, especially;
– Total hip replacement
– Total knee replacement
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain/stiffness
- Sports injuries and tendinopathy
- Rehabilitation after fractures
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- General strengthening
- Core strengthening
Core Interactive Spinal Stability Program
Our Core Interactive® Spinal Stability Program is our very own patented core stability program designed by Ismail Youssef and a highly skilled team of Physiotherapists. The exercises taught in this program are highly specific and based on the most recent scientific research around motor relearning and spinal stabilising function.
The exercise based program is supported by science and designed for anyone who wants to improve their core strength, with exercises built to suit all levels of physical conditoning from the post spinal surgery patient to the industrial labourer with severe spinal pain to the Elite athlete.
The program takes the ambiguity out of the controvertial topic of “Core Stability”, by educating its participants on the nature, function and the individual constituents of the word “Core”. You will learn how to engage your muscles appropriately, and learn how to stabilise the individual segments in your spine. In the later phases of the program you will learn how to engage these muscles during functional activities such as lifting boxes from the ground up, pull and push loads at heights required at work, and during sporting activities such as jumping, landing and running.The later phases of the program are personalised to specific individual goals that you and your physiotherapist fomulate together prior to commencing this program.
Contact us on 98214673 or 95999605 to speak to one of our physiotherapists to discuss your suitability for this program.
Work Interactive Conditioning Programs
Physio Interactive’s work-related activity incorporates structured, physical exercises and activities that reflect the employee’s pre-injury duties and overall functional capacity. By linking specifically to the work demands we empower the injured worker so they believe they can successfully return to work. Our approach leads to industry-leading sustainable outcomes that WorkCover research proves saves $5 on claims cost for every $1 spent.
Our programs involve:
- Workplace assessments to ensure task management, and appropriate ergonomic adjustment;
- Case-conferencing with a nominated treating doctor to negotiate upgrades in medical capacity certification;
- Challenging fear avoidant behaviour and introducing active coping strategies to help employees manage their injury; and
- Ensuring greater and more sustainable medical upgrades through education and motivational coaching.
- Self management strategies to assist an injured worker in taking control of their injury.
We understand that pro-active collaboration with the injured employee and key stakeholders is crucial to ensure that realistic and sustainable return work goals are achieved.
Physio Interactive’s work-related activity is in line with best practice WorkCover soft tissue injury guidelines (published 2008):
- evidence indicates that an early return to activity is the best treatment for soft tissue injuries;
- focus with using active coping strategies to manage their injury rather then fear avoidant behavior;
- strong cognitive behavioral approach to ensure the injured worker is educated and overcomes any present psychosocial barriers resulting in greater and more sustainable upgrades; and
- variety of programs including intensive, multidisciplinary psych and activity, and early transition of care.
Outcome achieved by Physio Interactive at program completion in NSW in 2011 this far:
Fit for work at the completion of work-related activity with Physio Interactive: 96%
Please contact us on (02) 95999605 or (02) 98214673 for more information.